Whoever fulfills the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; Whoever relieves a believer of distress in this world, Allah will relieve him of some of the distress of the Day of Resurrection. (Bukhari)
Building Blocks Emergency Assistance Progam offers much needed relief to those in dire financial need.
Since 2006, the program has alleviated the hardship of more than 300 families and saved several families from eviction, foreclosure, and utilities shut-off. Many recipients, unfortunately, are single mothers.
We help those in need with rent, utilities, coupons for gas/food/groceries, bus passes, payments for car repairs, and medical expenses.
Challenging economic times have resulted in an increased demand for emergency assistance as more and more people lose their jobs. Even people who are otherwise well-off may unexpectedly find themselves unable to pay their bills.We work to alleviate hardship and bring stability to families that are facing uncertain circumstances.
To ensure that the most deserving individuals and families get the help they need, we have a well-defined application process to verify emergency situations:
- We collect all the necessary data through our application form
- We verify an applicant’s income situation with the county the applicant lives in
- We ensure they don’t currently qualify for county assistance
- We verify proofs for past due payments (such as eviction, foreclosure, utility shut-off or other past-due notices)
- We make payments directly to vendors (landlord, utility company etc.)
For more information, please call 612-615-9034. To help us ease the burden of the less fortunate in our community, please donate generously online or send your check to Building Blocks, 2001 Central Ave. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418. (Write emergency assistance in the memo line)